Friday 14 September 2012

What next?!

Does everything you touch seem to break? 

Do all your appliances like to die around the same time?

Mine do.

Are you electronically challenged?

I am.

Or at least Mr Hausfrau likes to tease me that I am.

In the past year or so the following has occurred.....



My laptop crashed. 

Repair dude said it was going to cost $1800 to fix. Stuff that!




I stole started to use Mr Hausfrau's laptop instead.

Mr Hausfrau managed to fixed my laptop so we swapped (exactly the same brand/model laptop)

Then Mr Hausfrau's laptop (the one I took ownership of) crashed too!!!

ARGH! Off we went to buy a new one! At least I got the new one!

I bought a new phone. An iPhone.
The week my warranty ran out the camera stopped working and the "home" button decided it only wanted to work sometimes and only when you pushed it down really hard many many times.
I've since smashed my iPhone - twice.

The noise that our front loader was producing got much worse and it decided to take up smoking too. Yet another trip to the appliance store.


I wanted one of these babies. Apparently they don't make them........ yet.

Our cordless handset home phones broke. All 3 of them. Back to the shops to buy new handsets.

Now my dishwasher is asking to be rescued! Beeping like crazy and flashing for help!!




F1 means help doesn't it???? Well at least it does on my keyboard.

But in this case it means flood. Except there actually is no freaking flood! No water. Nothing. I'm pretty sure it's asking to be put to pasture and to go to where all good dishwashers go to retire.

So off we go to Harvey Norman this Saturday in search of a new one.

Now I've gotta ask. What the hell is next?!

The fridge better keep its mouth shut or else.











You can also follow me on
facebook | www.facebook.com/TheAussieHausfrau
Twitter | @AussieHausfrau
Instagram | @aussie_hausfrau

I'm flogging my blog over at With Some Grace today! Get on over there and read some other great blogs - go on, go now!

I'm also joining in on the TGIF Blog Hop - see below if you want to join up too!!





18 comments:

  1. Oh no! You don't seem to have had a very good run of things. I don't want to say anything in case I jinx myself...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I forgot to mention the coffee machine broke, the air con is playing up and if I run too many appliances at once the power to the house switches off!!

      :)

      Delete
  2. Hey!!! Love the blog. I'm your newest follower. thanks for hopping with ne at the tgif blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! I'm following your blog over on facebook too now :)

      Delete
  3. that was me last year. new phone, laptop and a new car with in weeks. Mr B calls me a "12 o'clock flasher" because if the oven, microwave etc are flashing 0:00 or whatever i just leave it because i don't know how or can't be bothered to change it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty tech savy but it just seems that everything like to break around the same time!!

      Delete
  4. Wow that is a lot of stuff to break at once! And not exactly cheap things either! I seem to suffer from all the "big bills" coming in all at once. That's bad enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hear that Chrissie!!! All our major bills come around the same time too!!

      Delete
  5. Argh. I hate technology. I had a stress earlier in the week surrounded by two computers, two phones, millions of cords, and nothing worked! I didn't buy an iPhone recently despite wanting one badly because I found out they had a glass front and I knew I would never go a year without breaking it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All phones seem to be going that way these days :/
      There are some really good covers now too - I just need to remember to keep mine in the case!!! Love my iPhone!

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, that is very unlucky!!!! I hope for your sake your fridge does keep its mouth shut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it had better!!! I couldn't handle anything else at the moment!!! :)

      Delete
  7. I'm hoping I'm not jinxed just by reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeks, sounds a little bit like our household. The lights, the fridge, the door.
    It's never ending, isn't it! Have fun shopping, though. I always love making a trip to visit all the gadgets :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too Grace! If only I had an unlimited cash flow to be able to buy everything I like in those shops!! :)

      Delete
  9. Eeeek! What a (expensive) year!!! Our trouble seems to come whenever we have an injection of cash (tax time etc) We get all excited about building our savings, then something breaks, and we have to use the money to replace it. The most recent things that come to mind are our clothes dryer (caught fire!!)our desktop computer and the car (thankfully didn't need replacing, but costly mechanic work) We actually dread a little when we come into some extra money, as we wonder what will break... !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes that happens here too!

      Oh car is on the way out - not looking forward to THAT!!

      Delete

Go on, leave me a comment. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! {I've removed "Anonymous Users" as I was getting waaaaaay too much stupid spammy comments!}